General
Pharmacist-led treatment: Using ideal choloesterol goals as an example

Pharmacist-led treatment: Using ideal choloesterol goals as an example

Shared by:

It is easier for patients to reach their ideal cholesterol goals when they receive additional care from pharmacists – including risk assessments, drug prescriptions and laboratory tests, in addition to consultation.

today.mims.com

30 Nov 2016 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan it is good that the pharmacists will get the chance to prescribe and can develop their career path.
Factors that may increase your risk of high cholesterol include:
Poor diet. Eating saturated fat, found in animal products, and trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies and crackers, can raise your cholesterol level. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat and ...
 (Total 213 words)
I think a lot of Asian countries face the same issues, challenges, and possibilities as to additional responsibilities for pharmacists and other health care professionals. Though in many Western countries, pharmacists are already allowed to prescribe and take a more active role in patient care, many Asian countries have not yet taken this approach and pharmacists are limited to dispensing, formulation and assisting with the patients’ medication in clinical settings. As to ...
 (Total 225 words)
In Canada, Pharmacists are given authority to prescribe the medications to their patients and it is a great advancement in the pharmacy profession. I am happy to see the positive results about this new role of pharmacists in health care profession. The report of this study has shown that patients who have to receive an extra care from pharmacist about risk assessments, drug prescriptions and laboratory tests in addition to consultation, they are three times more likely to achieve their cholester...
 (Total 119 words)
This topic is similar to the one posted by Marinelle Castro concerning the expanded role of nurses in allowing prescription of medicine. I have some good and bad points for this set-up. The pharmacists will undergo extra training and this will help decongest the need for healthcare. However, expanding the roles of other healthcare professionals might discourage the children to enter medical school. They can easi...
 (Total 129 words)
In our country, prescriptive authority is limited to physicians. However, I have no problems in extending such authority to other qualified professionals. I am not very knowledgeable about the clinical practice of pharmacists in Canada, but I am certain that they have managed healthcare. Aside from prescribing medications for high cholesterol, it is the professional's responsibility to educate the patient on lifestyle modifications that they have to make. If patients are able to control thei...
 (Total 115 words)
It is a good move in healthcare, pharmacist lead clinics about which we had discussed previously and seeing this post I am happy to say healthcare is improving with patient perspective. Patient can get more and more focussed therapy for high cholesterol. The holistic approach proved to control cholesterol levels which is done on ninety nine patiebts. This is helpful to understand patient needs and disease condition where by pharmacist is in direct contact with patient. Pharmacist require additi...
 (Total 112 words)
An elevated cholesterol level is just one of the factors making ischemic heart disease as one of the leading cause of death not just in Malaysia but all across the globe. With the rampant erruption of fastfoos chains everywhere and due to the busy schedules of people, they eventually result to increase in consumption of unhealthy foods. No time to cook for themselves and just choose the easiest way to feed their hunger. Passing by fastfood chains, eating on the bus or while walking are just one ...
 (Total 163 words)