General
High-intensity training improves aerobic fitness in patients with resectable NSCLC

High-intensity training improves aerobic fitness in patients with resectable NSCLC

Shared by:

Preoperative high-intensity interval training (HIIT) improved aerobic performance in patients with operable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), although it did not significantly reduce early complications after tumour resection, according to data from the Lung Cancer Rehabilitation Study.

specialty.mims.com

30 Nov 2016 - General

A good informative article for patients with lung cancer. Age, cancer stage, associated illnesses and impaired cardiorespiratory fitness are common predictive factors of postoperative complications and long term survival. This intensity training can ...
 (Total 63 words)
Personally, I have incorporated high intensity interval training into my exercise routine and I am happy that it improved my endurance to cardiovascular activities and aerobic workouts. I was not aware that this form of exercise could also be benefic...
 (Total 117 words)
I guess high intensity trainings does not only modify the risk of post operative complications with Non small cell lung cancer but also with other operative procedures. This can basically improve your cardiac and pulmonary functioning. Incentive spir...
 (Total 60 words)