General
Healthcare professionals: Tips on supporting a struggling colleague

Healthcare professionals: Tips on supporting a struggling colleague

Shared by:

Working in the healthcare sphere exposes one to all sorts of challenges and expectations, whether they are work-related or not. At times, healthcare professionals around you may find this situation overwhelming and devastating - so what can you to help these colleagues?

today.mims.com

1 Dec 2016 - General

These are great advice. It is not uncommon that we find colleagues that are in the middle of trouble, whether it is a professional or personal dilemma. Regardless, we have to find a way to support them. The advice detailed in this article will be goo...
 (Total 105 words)
We as doctors treat and support patients, but many times forget to do the same with our colleagues. As mentioned in the article, sometimes just being there as a friend, as a colleague and giving a helping hand in terms of listening the problem can al...
 (Total 81 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz as well known" no pain no gain", these words are applicable to all life situations we face and for sure we feel the gain after and we learn from the tough moment...
 (Total 67 words)
The struggles are part of the learning process in one's medical career. I am glad that the article explicitly stated that one should not feel compelled to provide a solution for every struggle co-workers are dealing with. Listening is more import...
 (Total 75 words)
I agree that healthcare professionals should be approachable and emphatic whenever offering guidance or support. It is important to know one's limitation. Based on my personal experience, if a colleague has a professional concern that I am not kn...
 (Total 66 words)
Problems may arise anytime of the day in any situation for each and everyone. These situation isn't only limited to healthcare professionals but also to everybody. As we go along our way, I've come to realize that the best solution to problem...
 (Total 142 words)
Dear Mahmoud, thanking you for sharing how our college help us and how we can help out colleagues. We should able to identify people who are struggling in their work like over load, bossism, healthcare problems. Some humans can't express their fe...
 (Total 97 words)
We all needed that helping hand that guides us in our first steps in the career. This kind of sincere help results in life-long friendships in most of cases. Besides the perfect tips mentioned in the article, I would also advise seniors to have some ...
 (Total 67 words)