General
Pharmacists in Singapore and Malaysia: Why it is important for you to know about common traditional medication

Pharmacists in Singapore and Malaysia: Why it is important for you to know about common traditional medication

Shared by:

Any medication – conventional or alternative, can potentially have side effects. There is therefore a need for pharmacists to continuously check the most recent literature for reported herb-drug interactions.

today.mims.com

1 Dec 2016 - General

This article brings forth important points to be considered. But I believe that the practice of traditional medication should not be just confined to Pharmacists in Singapore and Malaysia. Doctors should learn the information as well as they are the ...
 (Total 84 words)
Daniel Wee The use of adultrated drugs is very harmful to health as you have mentioned so pharmacist must provide right information to the patints. I like the links you have provided. Thank ...
 (Total 34 words)
With the advance of internet commerce and international shipping, I have seen unknown herbs being shipped from other parts of the world. While plant leaves and roots maybe subjected to quarantined by our enforcement agencies, those that has been grou...
 (Total 159 words)
Tahira Nawaz it is a great article, herbal medications are many and have less side effects than chemical medications, but as Mark Edmon Tan mentioned that some of them may interact with oth...
 (Total 64 words)
Tahira Nawaz Thank you for sharing this very important topic. Healthcare professionals have to be aware of the potential herb-drug interactions to protect the patients from adverse effects....
 (Total 64 words)
Herbal medicines are popular all over the world for their safety and efficacy and moreover cost effective than allopathic medications. Pharmacist need to maintain good rapport with their patients about their usage of traditional medicines which may i...
 (Total 61 words)
Tahira Nawaz I believe that pharmacists should definitely know what they are dispensing, whether alopathic medicine, homeopathy or other traditional natural regimens. Conventional natural r...
 (Total 79 words)
The use of traditional medications is very common among Singaporeans, therefore, it is very necessary for the pharmacist to have an accurate and authentic knowledge about all traditional medications especially used during weather changes. Traditional...
 (Total 73 words)