General
6 misconceptions of male nurses that need to be busted

6 misconceptions of male nurses that need to be busted

Shared by:

Many people tend to picture a woman when they think ‘nurse’, even though more and more men are entering the field of nursing. Here are some misconceptions people have about male nurses.

today.mims.com

2 Dec 2016 - General

NIKHIL NARVEKAR Men can work equally with female and female can work equally with male also. Many hospitals in India availing nursing services by male from along time because women of India ...
 (Total 39 words)
Before entering medical profession I had no idea of male nurses and was surprised when I heard of it and saw male nurses for the first time. But now as as I have equally worked with male nurses as well as with female nurses. I find both of them equal...
 (Total 72 words)
What I have said Madhubabu kaaja was in some country like Saudi Arabia, male nurses are not allowed to handle female patients. I didn't said that it was illegal or something. It was sha...
 (Total 57 words)
Habiba Twakkol thanking you for your positive opinion on this topic and moreover as you said it nursing deserved for female as because of many men not chosen this profession. We are not at ...
 (Total 55 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Can you list out the countries where male nursing is not allowed or illegal? And I would like to invite one of our community member ...
 (Total 53 words)
Jennifer Winter I think male nursing colleges comes in picture when more students shows interest. Nursing for females job is an old tale and now men equally performing nursing job. I too do...
 (Total 63 words)
Olivia Devi I think as HT WEE told that we missed Dr. Yoshiya Yamada as a nurse because at that time Yoshima unable to find an o...
 (Total 50 words)
Madhubabu kaaja thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, there are no rule that could be generalized on all male nurses or humans, for sure there are exceptions, also I don't think that there is someone will join nursery college just t...
 (Total 72 words)
I believe that in some other countries, male nurses are not allowed to have or take care female patients. And we should respect their religion and decisions if they insist to be cared by female nurses. However, we should not belittle ones capacity in...
 (Total 66 words)
Well those are pretty awful misconceptions. The failed doctors and are actually perverts are definitely the worst and are ones I fortunately don't hear too often. The gay and effiminate comments I have heard more but I don't agree with them a...
 (Total 120 words)
Yoshiya Yamada, a doctor for nearly 20 years in Tokyo, knew he wanted to help people ever since he was a child, but was disappointed that he could not find an organised nursing school or program for males, "so I became a doctor instead." He...
 (Total 86 words)
Female nurses are more known in various healthcare settings than male nurses and most of the people tend to picture women when they think nurse. But recently male nurse are also entering in the field at considerably higher rates. I think for the bett...
 (Total 63 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Nursing by women only is popular worldwide so there exists from a long time, so male gender in nursing is termed as male nurse. Why there is no discrimination like Male docto...
 (Total 70 words)
Women are not the only victims of sexism and gender bias in the workforce and in society. Males also face such problems in their day to day lives. Just by using the term "male nurse" holds so much prejudice already. These preconceived notio...
 (Total 65 words)