General
Why taking selfies with sick patients is a no-no

Why taking selfies with sick patients is a no-no

Shared by:

Taking selfies with sick patients could be a breach of the patient’s privacy and a criminal offence. Medical practitioners could face serious consequences from posting these selfies online.

today.mims.com

2 Dec 2016 - General

Yes, i believe taking a selfie with any patients is not appropriate. Actually, i had known an incident from another hospital where folks encouraged nurses to have a photo together with their mother who is to be discharged. The folks are just thankful...
 (Total 120 words)
It seems an unprofessional way of working for a healthcare professional. The very thought of it seems to be weird for me. As a doctor, we are liable for confidentiality of the patient's disease in every way and this act may breach that important ...
 (Total 87 words)
I don't ever take selfies with my patients---patients ask to take selfies with me, that's the only time, but I never request it. Even if my patient is a celebrity. When my sisters are here, that's when I force them to take photos as my pa...
 (Total 116 words)
Privacy has been always on our top priority in everything that we do. Not just in healthcare setting but almost in all aspects. These selfies may have been taken without prior knowledge of the patient themselves and or they have invaded the privacy o...
 (Total 164 words)
As absurdly sounding as this may seem, there are actually health care providers who are guilty of doing such unprofessional things especially when faced with patients who are celebrities or politicians. It is not only considered inappropriate and une...
 (Total 60 words)
Taking selfies has become a global phenomenon. It can be understood between friends or closed ones but it is not acceptable between doctors and patients. Professional attitude should prevail in the hospital environment and focus on taking care of pat...
 (Total 68 words)