General
Is Naled cost-effective to fight against the Zika virus?

Is Naled cost-effective to fight against the Zika virus?

Shared by:

The insecticide Naled has shown incredible potential in reducing Aedes mosquito populations in Miami. However, it also has its own share of drawbacks that may make healthcare professionals skeptical about its widespread usage.

today.mims.com

3 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz nothing is perfect, spraying of naled and insecticides will for sure has a bad effect on children and elderly, more studies should be done to find a safer way to prevent Z...
 (Total 56 words)
The real question is whether Naled is safe to use in populated areas where children can become easily exposed to the insecticide. More studies concerning the Naled or dibrom should be sought prior to deciding if it is indeed cost-effective. For the m...
 (Total 67 words)
I have to know several things from you regarding this topic. In India, diesel mixed with Malathion plus Pyrethrum used for thermal fogging. I dont know what the ratios they are using probably at 1:19 repellant: diesel. This. Process is costly and tak...
 (Total 121 words)
I looked up the chemical on google and found that it has already been used in the US. However, I still ahve my doubts if this is entirely safe. Spraying this over large expanses of land does not only affect mosquitoes but also other insects, other an...
 (Total 117 words)
I think it is cost effective. Just yesterday, they sprayed the whole compound with these white fumes. I believe it is one of the necessary measures to combat mosquitoes regardless of activity of zika and despite its unfavorable effects on humans. Ac...
 (Total 91 words)