General
S’pore health care system praised in Fox News piece for being best & spending least | Mothership.SG

S’pore health care system praised in Fox News piece for being best & spending least | Mothership.SG

Shared by:

How humbling.

mothership.sg

3 Dec 2016 - General

Madhubabu kaaja What do you mean by " we should not mind about money when living in Singapore". As the article comments, it says that Singapore individualizes its welfare safety net. This means that the medical bills are largely paid for my individuals themselves. If you have a low income then you are out of luck. Money might not be a concern at a state level, but at the individual/patient level. It is s...
 (Total 77 words)
I think it is an effective system if one views from a macroscopic level and evaluate it from a quantitative stance. But on the grounds, often there are many harsh realities that patients have to face. Often patients would tell me that Singapore is a country that one cannot afford to fall ill. A mild-medium illness can easily wipe out the savings of a family. There are many valid opinions on this topic in Reddit post ( https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/5g1gc3/us_foxnews_want_to_ditch_ob...
 (Total 78 words)