General
65% of Singaporeans have not heard of COPD, a survey finds

65% of Singaporeans have not heard of COPD, a survey finds

Shared by:

Six out of 10 individuals have not heard of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), a recent survey by Changi General Hospital's respiratory medicine department found.

today.mims.com

3 Dec 2016 - General

Ignorance can never save anyone indeed. If you lack knowledge, you will really not know you are wrong until you really know you are wrong. Just like in healthcare, people don't believe that smoking is the number one factor that can cause COPD tha...
 (Total 113 words)
I would really like to read the original paper for this study. It seems to me that knowing about this condition would help the general public in much ways. I think the general health literacy is often quite low. It would be better for them to improve...
 (Total 66 words)
I am sure the same scenario may be present in India also. Many Indians too may not have heard of the disease. However, due to increased incidence of allergies, air pollution and smoking the incidence of such systemic disorders is increasing. I think ...
 (Total 73 words)
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a lung disease that includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. In 80-90% of cases, it is caused by smoking. Smoking is also a trigger for COPD flare-ups. Smoking damages the air sacs, airways, and the l...
 (Total 73 words)