General
Out of sight, out of mind: Patients want to meet their radiologists

Out of sight, out of mind: Patients want to meet their radiologists

Shared by:

It is time for radiologists to come out of the dark – patients are interested in meeting their radiologists and patient-radiologist interaction can be invaluable in patient care.

today.mims.com

4 Dec 2016 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan People often confused functions between Radiologist and Radiation technician. Radiologist deals with treating diseases by using radiation technology and or radiation imaging and Radiation technician does the radiation scan. Radiologists are medical doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using medical imaging techniques, such as x-rays, CT scanning, MRI scann...
 (Total 93 words)
All the while I also thought that radiologists are MDs having their specialization on reading xray films alone. To my surprise it is not just limited to reading films and recording data in a piece of paper and referring results to the consultants whether your pneumonia has progress or not. Maybe this time, it is really better that patients will also see their radiologist to explain what was the xray films said so all the while. I guess they are the ones more knowledgeable enough to explain the i...
 (Total 90 words)