General
Can Coconut Oil Help Treat Psoriasis?

Can Coconut Oil Help Treat Psoriasis?

Shared by:

What is psoriasis and what causes it? Learn about coconut oil, if it can be used to treat psoriasis, and other treatments that are available.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

4 Dec 2016 - General

Madhuababu : When we were kids, before bath, our parents made it mandatory for us to apply coconut oil. Obviously the knew the benefits of this routine. Am not aware if coconut oil helps in prevention of psoriasis. But surely it has helped in preven...
 (Total 47 words)
No, coconut oil will not help in treatment of Psoriasis. It can help in relieving the symptoms mainly due to its emollient properties and hydrating the skin . It does not even have proven Keratolytic properties. However if applied on scalp it can re...
 (Total 50 words)
yea there are much more benefits of coconut oil which have yet to be proven effective. However, like mentioned by Dr Theekshana Abayawickrama, we have to check the quality of the oil that we are buying as buying a low grade coconut oil might do more ...
 (Total 59 words)
Speaking of coconut oil it is worth mentioning that when you are in the market looking for coconut oil it is important to check the quality of the oil that you are buying too. In my country there are various places where they put chemicals to the oil...
 (Total 60 words)
Madhubabu kaaja ... Just a basic search on pubmed shows its inability at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8471514 and this study was performed in 1993. There are unlikely to be much studi...
 (Total 69 words)
Thanking you for answering to questions. As Shunjie Chua told Coconut oil is available in all houses and is cost effective. My grand mother used to apply coconut oil to relieve her knee p...
 (Total 35 words)
Thank you Madhubabu kaaja for your valuable questions. As psoriasis is a skin manifestation for immune disorder in the first place, Coconut oil use in treating psoriasis is mainly as topical...
 (Total 69 words)
Thank you Shunjie Chua for highlighting these facts in the comments here. I would like to add also that despite the very high content of saturated fats in coconut oil, it has a very good...
 (Total 69 words)
Natural medicines heal comfortably and adverse event free. Coconut oil can be considered as one solution for all skin conditions as it possess antibacterial, antifungal, anti arthritis, moisturizing etc... and is helpful for treating Psoriasis. I wan...
 (Total 79 words)
If such an article is posted, it usually means yes. There is no harm for patients to try the coconut oil if it is not too costly. However, they should note the side effects as mentioned in the article.

“ When applied topically, coconut oil...
 (Total 135 words)
In tropical countries like Malaysia, Coconut is an iconic fruit. It is present in most of the local dishes whether its milk or oil. Not only does coconut oil moisturize dry skin and hair, but it can help with psoriasis, too. That's because it hel...
 (Total 71 words)