General
Allergies or a cold? How to know which is causing your misery

Allergies or a cold? How to know which is causing your misery

Shared by:

It's the sneeziest time of the year.

www.theadvocate.com

5 Dec 2016 - General

Oh I always ask this question because I'm often with colds and I do not know if I am having an allergic attack or a real cold. I always have Claritin because I have seafood allergy and I get irritated quite easily, sometimes I don't even know...
 (Total 79 words)
Marinelle Castro My father used to interpret eosinophilia in some patients with cold attacks due to seasonal and food changes which is striked when replying with you. I want to collect opin...
 (Total 38 words)
Madhubabu kaaja I agree that pruritus is a symptom that is not specific for allergic colds. However, based on my experience, patients who have allergies commonly complain of accompanying sy...
 (Total 64 words)
Marinelle Castro thanking you for your tricky nothing about pruritus orientation in allergic cold. If pruritus is absent then how we can conclude as allergic based. Can we consider Eosinoph...
 (Total 52 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thanking you for your explanation on mode of action. How viruses causes cold means I want to know mode of action as explained in case of allergen mediated cold. Thanking...
 (Total 36 words)
Common colds are caused by viruses, while seasonal allergies are immune system responses triggered by exposure to allergens. Allergies occur when your immune system has an adverse reaction to certain substances. Upon exposure to triggers, the immune ...
 (Total 59 words)
Sometimes it can be tricky for a clinician to distinguish between allergies and a common cold because of the similarity in patient presentation. Aside from what was mentioned in the article, I always ask my patients if there is presence of pruritus o...
 (Total 70 words)
Sneezing can be due to allergic reaction or even due to cold. Firstly, it is very likely to think that one is having a flu attack even though it may be an allergic reaction. A doctor can best differentiate between the two. The allergic reaction is mo...
 (Total 76 words)
Tahira Nawaz Thanking you for your comments on this topic. As you said there exists a difference between common cold and allergic cold. How can we differentiate this two aliments? I am look...
 (Total 42 words)
As mentioned in the post there is a huge difference in allergy and the common cold. Although both are seasonal but allergy is an immune response that is produced against certain allergen like dust, pollens etc while common cold is upper respiratory t...
 (Total 62 words)