General
House calls as an effective way to reduce soaring medical costs

House calls as an effective way to reduce soaring medical costs

Shared by:

To save money and to improve care, the US Medicare model is going back to the basics in medicine by reintroducing house calls by physicians.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

Home visits can be beneficial for the bed-riddent patients or the patients with physical or mental dexterity that cannot visit the clinic. Unfortunately, home visits for dentists are not possible as our job includes lot many instruments and materials...
 (Total 73 words)
As I've mentioned in another post, I watch "Call the Midwife" and it being set in the 1950s and 1960s, house calls were the norm. In "Downton Abbey" the people had the privilege of house calls. Of course, not all healthcare ne...
 (Total 111 words)
I don't see the come back of house calls in our region because it is impractical. Of course this will benefit bed-ridden patients, or elderly patients who have limited capacity to mobilize. However, in cities wherein traffic is a problem, I don&#...
 (Total 74 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan As you said, house calling is comfortable patients of all age groups and to care takers also. If house calling able to reduce cost means it definitely becomes advanta...
 (Total 62 words)
Habiba Twakkol If we go back to 30 years there doctors visits patient at home where patient unable to go to doctor or where there is no transport facility. In India, house calling is dramat...
 (Total 78 words)
Home visit is a good way to help in the reduction of the rising costs of consultations of our sick elderly. Plus it will also help them to live in convenience minus the hassle in time and effort. This is such a great help for the geriatric community ...
 (Total 131 words)
Madhubabu kaaja first time to know that home calls are low cost than hospital visits, in my country and ksa the cost is higher.
Home calls are very important in emergency cases that can&...
 (Total 60 words)
Looking for ways to save money and improve care, the US Medicare model is going back to the basics in medicine by reintroducing house calls. Home visits by doctors are starting to make a comeback especially driven by the growth of rapidly ageing popu...
 (Total 51 words)