General
Patient receives groundbreaking 3D facial prosthesis after cancer disfigures him

Patient receives groundbreaking 3D facial prosthesis after cancer disfigures him

Shared by:

The revolutionary application of 3D printing technology is literally altering the very face of medicine.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

Shunjie Chua It is world’s first time that a person to receive 3D-printed face made with a SMARTPHONE after tumour ravaged hole in his cheek. You are most welcome to share this type surge...
 (Total 46 words)
3D printing is indeed one of the more interesting technologies of our time. But this news article does not seem to be really capturing its capability. It just shows a person who uses a camera to capture his face and then using the printer to create t...
 (Total 59 words)
Because of the cancers on the body surface where the others can see, most of the patients suffer even after getting it completely excised. After the excision the patient gets disfigurations most of the time and if it has a solution like this they wil...
 (Total 58 words)
This is amazing news. I've said this before, ever since I learned of 3D printing, I've been thoroughly amazed at what its capable of doing. Its contributions seem borderless now, as it just continues to show its versatility, not only in the m...
 (Total 72 words)
Great results! 3-dimensional reconstruction of prosthetic models are really very useful prior to the reconstruction itself. It is akin to constructing a mold that is straight out from the patient's anatomic attribute. I was not aware of that free...
 (Total 69 words)
Habiba Twakkol It is pioneering technology which by using smartphone photogrammetry with printer using an app AUTODESK 123D catch. His doctor has taken some pictures with his smartphone and...
 (Total 46 words)
Madhubabu kaaja i really believe that smartphones now are very advanced and can be used in many ways but never imagined that they could be used in building patient's face back.
Such...
 (Total 59 words)
Carlito Conceiao from Brazil suffered from upper maxillary carcinoma in 2008 which damaged his throat and destroyed facial tissues on the right side of his face. He underwent an operation but it cost him his right eye socket and part of his nose. It ...
 (Total 52 words)