General
Overcoming obstacles to a career in nursing

Overcoming obstacles to a career in nursing

Shared by:

A young Filipino nurse, Priscilla Gobuyan, tells her story on why she chose to stick to her profession despite its downsides; what keeps her motivated, and which part of her job sustains her drive towards caring for her patients.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

That is true Dc. Marinelle Castro. Some nurses tend to turn their back from healthcare setting. And the reason you pointed out is always the common denominator. I am glad that people like Priscilla Mae Gobuyan pursued her dreams and be part of healthcare industry again. Pursuing your passion and choosing to stay is quite difficult...
 (Total 101 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Very nice, motivating article! I definitely agree that one should follow the heart and do what one loves to do. Obstacles can be there in any profession, but these are the small milestones of growth. Like you have shared the scenario of nurses in Phillipines, the profession of nursing, dentistry is also facing a struggle in India. Many people decide to leave the profession and choose to do s...
 (Total 85 words)
First, thank you for giving me an opportunity to share my experiences with you guys. Yes right, nursing profession in the Philippines is indeed a battle between practicality and passion. Despite of the downsides of this profession, I still choose to to stay. I hope this will inspire each and everyone of us not just in the nursing career, but on whatever profession you may are right now, love it and work full with compassion. ...
 (Total 79 words)