General
Overcoming obstacles to a career in nursing

Overcoming obstacles to a career in nursing

Shared by:

A young Filipino nurse, Priscilla Gobuyan, tells her story on why she chose to stick to her profession despite its downsides; what keeps her motivated, and which part of her job sustains her drive towards caring for her patients.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

That is true Dc. Marinelle Castro. Some nurses tend to turn their back from healthcare setting. And the reason you pointed out is always the common denominator. I am glad that people like <...
 (Total 101 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Very nice, motivating article! I definitely agree that one should follow the heart and do what one loves to do. Obstacles can be there in any profession, but these are...
 (Total 85 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Yay! Thanks doctor. I know everyone of us has different careers and hopefully may we never tire to remind ourselves that we do is not only merely for money, but also w...
 (Total 66 words)
I like what Priscilla Mae Gobuyan said here, "For me, it is not just a job, it is my life… I treat my patients as if they are my own family". In the healthcare profession, we take...
 (Total 73 words)
First, thank you for giving me an opportunity to share my experiences with you guys. Yes right, nursing profession in the Philippines is indeed a battle between practicality and passion. Despite of the downsides of this profession, I still choose to ...
 (Total 79 words)
Great story Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . In the Philippines, the nursing profession is very competitive and applying for an entry level job is very tedious. I have a lot of friends from the nur...
 (Total 69 words)
Hi freinds. This is an motivating story of Priscilla Gobuyan, for whom there is no other profession that could give me fulfilment other than being a nurse and who commited for a deep care of patients. Priscilla Gobuyan performing her duty as a life. ...
 (Total 73 words)