General
What are the options for aged care in Singapore?

What are the options for aged care in Singapore?

Shared by:

With the rapidly ageing population in Singapore, what are the options available for institutionalised or home-based care that preserves the autonomy of elderly citizens?

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz eldery care is very sensitive to handle and it is not easy to be perfect.
Elders are more like babies need a special care and attention to every details physically and...
 (Total 55 words)
Mark Edmon Tan thank you for highlighting these crucial aspects of geriatric care. I agree with you that it may be costly to provide home care especially with logistic installations. Howeve...
 (Total 65 words)
It seems like that all options providing privacy for geriatric patients is costly for Singaporeans. I feel that the option to stay in the house is a little undervalued. Opting to stay in the house means having to install assistive modifications such ...
 (Total 92 words)
Singapore’s costs for managing the elderly is incredible. Though many might think that residents of Singapore are rich, this is not actually the case. The costs as stated in the article are often a heavy burden for families. I think key options that ...
 (Total 83 words)
Caring aged people is a real challenge because almost all the time these old people are suffering with the metabolic diseases like diabetes mellitus, hypertension and high cholesterol levels in the blood. They are more prone to have dementia and a sp...
 (Total 56 words)
Singapore is making effort to facilitate the elderly people as the primary care for elderly people is vital for them. It is also a positive outcome that the trend for choosing home-based care for an ageing population is raising considerably. MOH Sing...
 (Total 63 words)
Singapore is expected to have an increasingly ageing population within the coming few years. Although the healthcare cost is a concern for the government, there are inspiring plans to cover this burden. Of course the best environment to take care of ...
 (Total 75 words)