General
Patients put up with unwashed hair and soiled pads due to nurse shortage in London

Patients put up with unwashed hair and soiled pads due to nurse shortage in London

Shared by:

When nurses shoulder hectic workloads, the less than positive environment causes discomfort in patients and may risk increased rates of infections and mortality.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

Nurses hold a key role in the wards and they are a big help in managing inward patients. Actually doctors engage with the direct management of the patients but the nurses are the ones who are in contact with them and do their needful. So if their is ...
 (Total 60 words)
This is a very strange to know. I think the government regulations should be strict enough to manage such situations. If there is shortage of nurses and if they can't properly do the duties, new recruits can be hired or the duties can be assigned...
 (Total 82 words)
This is shocking! I can't believe that some patients are not being washed for one to two months. If nurses are not able to provide personal care, healthcare assistants should be available to assist nurses with this. I work in an NHS seting but ha...
 (Total 83 words)
Although it may seem bad situation for patients, it carries a good opportunity for nurses to find better jobs in other countries. There is an increasing demand for nurses around the world. This demand peaks in developed countries and ageing nations.T...
 (Total 83 words)