General
Staying up: Adjusting to the night shift

Staying up: Adjusting to the night shift

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals inevitably have to take on night shifts to keep a hospital running, which is likely to take a toll. Here are some pointers for adjusting as well as possible.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

Well, a night shift can vary from a night of calm uninterrupted sleep to 12 hours of "All Hell Breaking Loose" :D I have been in both situations, and trust me you don't want to be in the latter! It depends on the unit that you are worki...
 (Total 65 words)
As health care professionals we have to do night shifts. It keeps us away from home and most of the time we miss the duties which must be done by ourselves to our families. Sleep deprivation is the next issue. As a preparation for the might shifts we...
 (Total 58 words)
Night shift is really challenging for morning people. However for me, i actually like having night shifts. For reasons of having less paper works, no visitors and very quite environment. It is really stress free. Lol. Like what Kathleen shared, we us...
 (Total 101 words)
Kathleen Peralta night shifts can help make very good memories at the workplace actually. in emergency room, when midnight comes everything cools down and we start chitchatting while having...
 (Total 61 words)
Luckily dentists don't have to do the night shifts. Night shifts can be quite difficult to deal with. I think drinking coffee and also keeping oneself busy with some activity helps to deal with the night environment. The tips mentioned in this po...
 (Total 73 words)
I remember when I was put on a night shift before. I dreaded starting it but I eventually enjoyed it as the atmosphere is much more quiet and the staff I've worked with were brilliant. At around 12midnight, when drug round's complete and not...
 (Total 77 words)
We have discussed before the various effects of having night shifts. This time, there are very valuable advice to prepare yourself for night duties and how to avoid any negative effects of these shifts. Having some relaxing sleep during the day can p...
 (Total 81 words)