General
Up to 114 years prison term for government doctor

Up to 114 years prison term for government doctor

Shared by:

A government doctor loses her license and will face a prison sentence of up to 114 years for falsifying time records that enabled her to work and receive pay from two difference health facilities.

today.mims.com

6 Dec 2016 - General

It is really not up to the level of a doctor. Seriously unprofessional. These type of things ruin the reputation of all the doctors because not like for other professionals, if one doctor makes a mistake the general public always catch the whole gene...
 (Total 56 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama That's what I thought too. 114 years is actually more than the lifetime imprisonment for murderers and plunderers. It is also disturbing that these things happe...
 (Total 75 words)
Its pretty interesting that the this case occurred in 2003 to 2005 and it was just discovered now. Someone must have been digging through her records to find it. Just like others, it does appear that the sentence was a bit too heavy for the crime. It...
 (Total 62 words)
My personal view is that the offense he has done is not so severe to deserve 114 years of imprisonment. I mean, the poor doctor is not going to live 114 years anyway. Anyway this serves as a lesson for other doctors as well. Being a doctor does not s...
 (Total 56 words)
It is definitely a sad news. Still, the government should follow the laws and lay down strict rules so that the incidence of tragedies are eliminated. Compensation is good as it can help the dependent family financial stability but still it doesn'...
 (Total 87 words)
This is a sad plight for the one who's guilty of this. It could be that she has her own reason of doing so but of course it is never an excuse. The major factor would be I think the compensation which is not enough to suffice their needs, they ar...
 (Total 105 words)