General

First Dental Visit

Created by:

6 Dec 2016 - General

Many times, I have patients in the clinic that are in their 20s and it is the first time they have visited a dental clinic. Maintaining good oral hygiene is essential for a healthy body and the initial step starts with the dental visit. In ideal cases, the first visit of a child to a dental clinic should be at the age of 1 year, at his/her first birthday. An early dental visit allows the dentist to take preventive measures that can reduce the incidence of severe problems at later age. Moreover, every individual should visit the dentist at least once in six months so that the dentist can identify any oral problem at an initial stage.

Unfortunately, not everyone knows that they need to have a regular dental checkup Even if you take excellent care of your teeth and gums at home. Scheduling dental visits really should be based upon each person's oral hygiene, habits and medical ...
 (Total 88 words)
Shunjie Chua I agree that dental care should be made more affordable. However, in my experience I have noticed that preventive steps cost very less when compared to the aggressive treatme...
 (Total 90 words)
Dental care is very crucial at all ages and it is better to start the care of your teeth at an early age. At the age of 1, if dental problems will start than it is not the fault of the dental care rather it may results from internal deficiencies, for...
 (Total 62 words)
I completely agree with you. MAny of the dental problems that are there in the young population go unnoticed until they are old, or the problem is big enough that a parent or teacher notices it. Regular dental visits, 6 monthly or at least annually c...
 (Total 53 words)
The cornerstone of good oral care should always start of good dental habits then it can be supplemented by regular dental visits. But this is often tough to achieve because of the costs of dental visits. It would be great if there are initiatives to ...
 (Total 57 words)