General
Pharmacists play crucial role in reducing medication errors

Pharmacists play crucial role in reducing medication errors

Shared by:

A medication error is ‘any preventable event that may cause or lead to inappropriate medication use or patient harm while the medication is in the control of the health care professional, patient, or consumer’.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

Pharmacists are really strict in our institution when it comes to prescribing medications, especially for inpatients. They do not allow prescription requests to have erasures and the complete generic name should be written at all times. In our hospital, the pharmacists the nurses both check and countercheck the dispensed medications to prevent error in medication. Madhubabu kaaja ...
 (Total 83 words)
Yes, i agree that Pharmacists plays a critical role in and outside hospital settings. Especially in hospitals, they are the ones preparing and dispensing medications that are requested by the physicians. And what I like from our institution is our Pharmacists are strict when it comes to releasing regulated drugs. They are making sure that the number of drugs they released is enough for patients' needs. They don't dispense a regulated drug once the needed papers are not complete. Which i ...
 (Total 103 words)