General
The 10 habits of a great doctor

The 10 habits of a great doctor

Shared by:

Becoming a great doctor takes more than just accumulating knowledge and experience. Here is a list of 10 habits to adopt in pursuit of this goal.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Ronald Allan Ponteres thanking you for your comments on this topic. As you said honesty and punctuality with bet...
 (Total 31 words)
Truly those are the habits that a doctor should possess. Honesty, good clear communication and kindness are really important. It is best to explain to your patient what is going on with them despite them not raising any questions. There are times whe...
 (Total 119 words)
True enough, all that were listed should be embodied by a physician. If I were to rank the list, good communication and mutual respect must be on top. Nowadays, in social media or in other circumstance outside medical practice, a number of doctors ar...
 (Total 49 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thank you for raising that question. I believe that doctors who come in late either are attending to an emergency or just habitually late. It is better to assume the for...
 (Total 88 words)
There's this doctor or shall I say a surgeon at work that I look up to. Everybody in the department likes him as he is just soooooo kind. He never gets impatient, he is never demanding, work on what is given of him (resources wise) and doesn'...
 (Total 98 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz Obviously doctor treats with disease and promotes health and wellbeing. Not only this quality makes great doctors this some are more qualities requires to be a great. As y...
 (Total 47 words)
Rajinda Asalage Being a doctor is a prestigious to family members because any body for healthcare should consult doctor. So as you said public easily identifies what doctor makes either a w...
 (Total 62 words)
Habiba Twakkol thanking you for your comments and raising good concerns on patient doctor relations. Heena Pohani thanking you f...
 (Total 51 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Doctor is being a human not a supreme to do miracles always. Many factors effects for their late coming ie.may become late at another clinic or late due to traffic. Furt...
 (Total 45 words)
There are lots of characters to be great doctor in particular. A great doctor is the doctor whose work can really change people's life to the better. A great doctor should respect people, healthy or ill, regardless of who they are. Great doctors ...
 (Total 79 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Marinelle Castro thanking you for your comments. doublecheck in ones information gives an additional safety for ...
 (Total 39 words)
Shunjie Chua thanking you for your views on this topic. Author is more stressed to doctor aspects but as you said it can be useful to some HCPs also and more over if we not consider spec...
 (Total 48 words)
A doctor is always being monitored by the general public and whatever the mistake a doctors make is highly concerned by the public and addressed. So the doctors should not be careless and essentially they have to be calm and good tempered. It is true...
 (Total 60 words)
Ahh. There are endless charactestics of a great doctor and the definition of a great doctor can vary from person to person. According to me, do the work that gives you happiness and a peaceful sleep. Keep yourself open to learning new things and be f...
 (Total 71 words)
Madhubabu kaaja the article mentioned very beneficial tips which enhance and concentrate on communication skills.
If these tips are well applied and followed not just at work but in gen...
 (Total 71 words)
I have one question to raise. Why is it that all doctors don't come on their clinic on time? Usually the clinic says they are open from 8am-12nn. However, when you are already in their clinic, the secretary will just tell you that the doctor is n...
 (Total 94 words)
I agree with Shunjie Chua that this list is also applicable to all professionals in the healthcare industry. All the items in the list were useful. Of note, I would like to emphasize the...
 (Total 66 words)
Thank you for the great post on how to improve oneself Madhubabu kaaja. I agree with valuing the patient's time and it starts with showing up early for the clinic. It also means that the...
 (Total 70 words)
This is a good list of things for doctors to improve upon. Even though, it is something that we all should already know this serves as a good refresher. But skimming through the list, I found that it was strange that the author only said that the lis...
 (Total 66 words)