General
Diving into the illegal blood market of India

Diving into the illegal blood market of India

Shared by:

In hospitals across India, paid "blood donations" are common - although banned in 1996 – because of the high profit margin. This has created a national problem of the spread of HIV and Hepatitis C.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro the screening is not an immediate way here and after collecting blood from donor the required blood is compensated by hospital or blood bank. After that it goes to screenin...
 (Total 56 words)
It is really unethical that selling whatever the things inside the human bodies. It is well known that the organs specially kidneys are being sold in India. The poor ones sell them to overcome the financial problems they have. So this might be also d...
 (Total 61 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Are you aware of the process of blood donor screening in your locality? When I was on my internship as a medical technologist, I had rotated for a few months in the blood ba...
 (Total 84 words)
In hospitals across India, paid "blood donations" are common sights - although banned in 1996 by a Supreme Court Ruling. With blood costing Rs 4,000 (USD 58) per unit, many flock to sell their blood and this has created a national problem o...
 (Total 61 words)