General
Doctors: Why you should not respond to bad patient reviews online

Doctors: Why you should not respond to bad patient reviews online

Shared by:

Doctors might feel the need to respond to bad online reviews written by patients, but here are several reasons why it is best not to.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

This is a very useful article which explains why doctors should not respond to bad patient reviews online. Doctors should try to understand the point of view of their patients. Patients are already frustrated due to their illness and cannot be pacified if the doctors give the response on impulse. Physicians should welcome the negative feedback online as it is far better than an unknown negative feedback offline which affects the practice of the physician. Physicians should avoid giving the reply...
 (Total 114 words)
Very relevant post for our era, Mahmoud AbdelAziz . Doctors have to remind themselves daily that the public views them as role models. Engaging in a verbal altercation in social media will tarnish the reputation of a doctor easily. What is worse is that tirades like this can be documented and be used against the physician. Doctors should always remember to conduct themselves in such a way that others will not bel...
 (Total 78 words)
I am least bother to online rating and scoring because we are not a product to rate for our performance. The rating given by a patient not equally same when compare to others. Means no individual rating is same for one doctor for example patient A given rating 3/10 and patient B rated 8/10 then how we can conclude the performance by online. Of course it is an opinion of patient about which he has right to express but this ranking sometimes helpful for us to improve. It depends on case by case b...
 (Total 96 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Actually, I am still in my residency training and I don't think its practical to establish myself online. However, when I start my practice, I am considering to put up a website with my credentials on it. Allthough I still have a few years left, and there could be some changes by then. If I were to receive a negative review, I will probably invite the patient to visit my clinic for a deta...
 (Total 106 words)
I would like to hear the opinion and experiences of our doctors. Anyone from Mims Community? Did you ever bumped to this kind of situation? Nowadays, your hard earned reputation could possibly be ruined in a blink of an eye. Thinking how social media consumes almost everyone. Even if it is without any basis, people in your circle may be swayed and believed you all along. I guess, if I received a bad comment from my patient, I'll use the reverse psychology method. Where instead of getting ang...
 (Total 112 words)
Fulfilling everyone's expectations is proven to be impossible. Online reviews on doctors are very sensitive to be defended online. Online arguments can backfire very easily. My advice is to try as hard as possible to control the urge to reply on bad reviews especially if you are dealing with an unpleasant patient who is looking for trouble. Instead, the professional approach should be through the formal channels either legally or by a representative. Have anyone on MIMS community encountered...
 (Total 91 words)