General
Doctors: Why you should not respond to bad patient reviews online

Doctors: Why you should not respond to bad patient reviews online

Shared by:

Doctors might feel the need to respond to bad online reviews written by patients, but here are several reasons why it is best not to.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

This is a very useful article which explains why doctors should not respond to bad patient reviews online. Doctors should try to understand the point of view of their patients. Patients are already frustrated due to their illness and cannot be pacifi...
 (Total 114 words)
Doctor’s reputation is crucial for patients and it also lies in the hands of the patients. There is the variety of employees at the workplace and it does not always happen that patients become happy with everyone but it is very necessary to have a sa...
 (Total 65 words)
Very relevant post for our era, Mahmoud AbdelAziz . Doctors have to remind themselves daily that the public views them as role models. Engaging in a verbal altercation in social media will ...
 (Total 78 words)
I am least bother to online rating and scoring because we are not a product to rate for our performance. The rating given by a patient not equally same when compare to others. Means no individual rating is same for one doctor for example patient A gi...
 (Total 96 words)
When you are criticized online then your normal reaction would be to defend yourself and justify your actions.But i would suggest against doing this because you will only be adding fuel to the fire. Social media nowadays is a big platform for the o...
 (Total 83 words)
A mature and professional way of dealing with situations is essential for a healthcare professional. The patients may leave bad reviews on the review's site but it is not necessary to answer every criticism. Infact, it should be taken positively ...
 (Total 68 words)
Yes, that is true Dc Marinelle Castro ! Advertising in social media can help you to establish your name. However, theres an disadvantage for it. Let just focus on the positive. Hehe Thank y...
 (Total 44 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Actually, I am still in my residency training and I don't think its practical to establish myself online. However, when I start my practice, I am considering to put...
 (Total 106 words)
I also think that it is best not to reply online. For all we know these respondents may actually not be our real patients. I suggest that a standard reply should be placed, wherein clients will be privately sent a message to address complaints or rea...
 (Total 86 words)
I would like to hear the opinion and experiences of our doctors. Anyone from Mims Community? Did you ever bumped to this kind of situation? Nowadays, your hard earned reputation could possibly be ruined in a blink of an eye. Thinking how social media...
 (Total 112 words)
I think this post comes timely. This is because there is a thriving online review culture now and businesses are often seen to reply to the customers.(i.e. And these replies seem to reflect positively in businesses) Doctors are often held to higher m...
 (Total 69 words)
I think this post comes timely. This is because there is a thriving online review culture now and businesses are often seen to reply to the customers.(i.e. And these replies seem to reflect positively in businesses) Doctors are often held to higher m...
 (Total 69 words)
Fulfilling everyone's expectations is proven to be impossible. Online reviews on doctors are very sensitive to be defended online. Online arguments can backfire very easily. My advice is to try as hard as possible to control the urge to reply on ...
 (Total 91 words)