General
When prescriptions kill: Doctor-shopper consumed by deadly mix of pills

When prescriptions kill: Doctor-shopper consumed by deadly mix of pills

Shared by:

Obsessed with pills and doctors, a 48-year-old woman obtained prescriptions from 30 doctors in a span of a year and passed away from the cocktail of drugs.

today.mims.com

7 Dec 2016 - General

When a patient is treated by more than one physician, it is the duty of the physician to call the other one to discuss the history of the patient. This is particularly true in case of psychiatric patients who cannot be relied on for medical history....
 (Total 94 words)
Doctor shopping is a fashion in our third world countries. Patients are needed One Shot Doctors for their ailments. Therefore they go to a doctor for an ailment and take medicines from him and consume the medicines for one or two days and if the ailm...
 (Total 76 words)
Doctor shopping is a psychiatric disorder that needs proper treatment and care. It is sad that she is denial of everything. I guess this can be prevented if one of her family member closely monitors Milica Minchev or doctors who give out those prescr...
 (Total 72 words)
Doctor shopping is very common in the people who have somatoform disorder. Most of the time once the person was treated by a doctor, they meet next doctor if the symptoms they experience do not get subside. And when they do not reveal the previous tr...
 (Total 63 words)
I think that a proposal for a real-time prescription monitoring for tightly regulated medications. I agree that doctor shopping is a manifestation of mental illness, especially among those with narcotic use disorder. I also hope that a monitoring sys...
 (Total 61 words)
It is a sad story of a mother of two children who has broken family system that leads to her toward anti-depressant as she became a psycho patient. Due to lack of close monitoring and dependency on prescription medication, she denied going to drug re...
 (Total 69 words)
This is sad!! Doctor shopping is considered on of the manifestations to psychiatric illness. This tragic incident would have been prevented if the mentioned patient was hospitalized or treated responsibly. She needed a close monitoring to control her...
 (Total 60 words)