General

Do's and don'ts of brushing teeth

Created by:

7 Dec 2016 - General

Brushing the teeth regularly, effectively is essential for maintaining the oral hygiene. Here are some key facts on brushing:

1. Different types of toothbrush work effectively for different people. For example if a person is having gum disease, then it is better to use a soft toothbrush.

2. Proper brushing technique should be followed.

3. It is very important to brush the teeth at least twice a day, in the morning and before going to sleep.

4. Electronic toothbrush can be used for people with physical disabilities.

Do you have anything to say on this topic, then please do comment?

Hi Heena Pohani. Thank you very much for answering my questions. And yes, I think it makes more sense now and I feel that it is not really necessary to use a fluoride free toothpaste for ch...
 (Total 65 words)
Hi! This is an insightful post. Recently a Friend of mine visited a Dentist and received some interesting advice which I would like to clarify about. He claimed that the Dentist told him that if his gums were bleeding, he should continue to brush his...
 (Total 80 words)
Kathleen Peralta Electric toothbrush or normal toothbrush- it can be a personal choice. Although an electric toothbrush has the necessary technical specifications, but many times it may pos...
 (Total 100 words)
Heena Pohani Thanks for the reply. Would you normally recommend an electric toothbrush generally over the normal toothbrush as it just gives the exact amount of speed/strength whilst brushi...
 (Total 75 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thank you. :) The retainers are mostly advised for a period of few months to a year depending upon the severity of the malocclusion. You won't have to definitely wea...
 (Total 59 words)
Kathleen Peralta Electric toothbrush can be used by anyone as such. However, it is more useful for patients with physical/mental disabilities. Fluoride is an essential mineral for preventin...
 (Total 96 words)
Awwww. Thank you so much for your valuable response Dc Heena Pohani ! Very much appreciated! However, i have another question. How long will the patient use that retainers? I assume not for...
 (Total 37 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Regarding the question asked by you, it depends upon the type and severity of malocclusion that is present before the orthodontic treatment. Generally, it is important t...
 (Total 56 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Definitely toothpaste also plays an important role in brushing procedure. The type of toothpaste recommended may be different according to the personal oral hygiene ...
 (Total 80 words)
Hi Dr. Heena Pohani. Thank.you for this reminder. However, I got a few questions. 1. Would you recommend an electric toothbrush in general and not just for those with physical disabilities?...
 (Total 58 words)
Dc Heena Pohani I would like to ask you a question with this scenario. If for example, you got your braces, and your teeth was perfectly done after that procedure. You were advised to have ...
 (Total 66 words)
The type of the toothpaste that we use also plays an important role in correct brushing of teeth. There are different preparations of tooth paste just like there are different types of tooth brushes. For people with sensitive teeth they might need a ...
 (Total 57 words)
This is a good guide for a better oral health because the simple most thing we can do to maintain a good oral hygiene is brushing teeth. Proper brushing technique would keep the gum healthy and gum injuries due to strenuous brushing will lead to have...
 (Total 56 words)