General
5 common ailments that affect nurses

5 common ailments that affect nurses

Shared by:

Nurses may forget to look after their own well beings at times when they are too focused on caring for the patients. Here are five of the most common ailments that affect nurses, which should be remedied quickly to prevent them from becoming more serious issues down the road.

today.mims.com

8 Dec 2016 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan as I always say, nurses are the most important element at any healthcare facility and no one can do their job, and as mentioned they face many difficulties in their wo...
 (Total 55 words)
Nurses hold a major role in the management of the patients because most of the time in the inward settings the nurses are the first contact people. So they have a hell of a work to do. Doing night shifts affects all the aspects of their lives. They d...
 (Total 60 words)
Nursing can be quite a demanding profession and the nurses can suffer from many occupational hazards. Backache seems to be the most common problem in nurses occuring as a occupational disease. Like the nurses other healthcare professionals also carry...
 (Total 72 words)
The article stated the five common ailments with neck and back pain being number one on the list. I agree that overuse/ repetitive work predisposes nurses to bothersome neck or low back pain. In my experience, I have evaluated a lot of nurses who com...
 (Total 83 words)
I guess we are all stricken by this article. We should not let our body suffer. Even if we take care of others health, we should not forget that our body needs some help too. So when you experience back or neck pain, take a rest and have a massage. W...
 (Total 93 words)
I think that the mentioned health problems are common among all health professionals, especially if you are working in a hospital where staffing is a problem. Aside from these symptoms, a lot of nurses also complain of headaches. Most of the time the...
 (Total 68 words)
Nursing profession is a busy schedule of 12 hours and a tough job to perform. As I know and as per my understanding nurses can affected by leg pain, headaches and stress. Leg pain is due to their walk more than miles to each patient from their nursin...
 (Total 92 words)
Nurses have relatively exhaustive type of work at the workplace, therefore, they stressed out and suffer from ailments most frequently. The five most common ailments among nurses are back and neck pain, fatigue, stress and negative emotions, accident...
 (Total 62 words)
Like with other healthcare professionals, it is risky to be a nurse. I would tick all the points mentioned in this article. Being at work makes me paranoid that I may be infected with blood borne diseases if ever I have another accidental needle stic...
 (Total 69 words)
I can no longer complain but to agree with this article! It says everything about what we nurses are dealing everyday of our lives. Emotional and physical torture almost everyday without just compensation isn't new for us nurses. We continue to b...
 (Total 75 words)