General
Multi-agency approach to tackle illegal migrants avoiding health screenings, says Malaysia’s MOH

Multi-agency approach to tackle illegal migrants avoiding health screenings, says Malaysia’s MOH

Shared by:

Migrant workers are to be subjected to health screening annually, said Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr. S. Subramaniam, comprising health examination for tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, syphilis, HIV/AIDS, malaria and epilepsy.

today.mims.com

8 Dec 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Even epilepsy is a non communicable disease it is recommended to screen for migrant workers in Malaysia as epilepsy as all we know it causes muscular tremors and seizures. ...
 (Total 63 words)
Madhubabu kaaja the Malaysian ministry of health has all the rights to take any actions to protect her own population from any danger that could harm them, and I see what is decided is not b...
 (Total 62 words)
The migrants are very lucky to be subjected to annual health screening. This should be a mandate for everyone, not just for foreign workers. Screening is the best way to prevent spread of communicable diseases and every country should aggressively co...
 (Total 69 words)
I think that all healthcare professionals, whether foreign or local should undergo an annual screening test for the mentioned infections. However, I am curious why professionals need to be screened for epilepsy? As far as I am concerned, this is not ...
 (Total 65 words)