General
Patients with sore throats to visit pharmacists first before GPs in the UK

Patients with sore throats to visit pharmacists first before GPs in the UK

Shared by:

When having a sore throat, patients usually head straight to see a doctor, but the NHS is now encouraging patients to visit their pharmacists first for an on-the-spot test that will determine if antibiotics are necessary.

today.mims.com

8 Dec 2016 - General

This condition should be implemented not only in UK but in every country to reduce the medical costs and expenditure. The fees of General practitioners have become much expensive in the UK. Also, due to busy schedule of the physicians and the prior appointments required, the pharmacies are much more accessible to the patients. For the treatment of common ailments like cold and cough the patients will find the pharmacies more convenient and the throat swab test more suitable. This is appropriate ...
 (Total 103 words)
I think it's a common belief for everyone that whenever they feel something, they will immediately seek the advice of a physician. I guess this does not apply to Filipinos wherein they tend to self medicate, consult a friend who is in the medical field rather than seeking advice to the ones knowledgeable of their condition. It is unavoidable that they are the standing doctors for ourselves. I think the best to way to do is first assess what kind of condition you are undergoing, do warm salin...
 (Total 107 words)