General
Patients with sore throats to visit pharmacists first before GPs in the UK

Patients with sore throats to visit pharmacists first before GPs in the UK

Shared by:

When having a sore throat, patients usually head straight to see a doctor, but the NHS is now encouraging patients to visit their pharmacists first for an on-the-spot test that will determine if antibiotics are necessary.

today.mims.com

8 Dec 2016 - General

This condition should be implemented not only in UK but in every country to reduce the medical costs and expenditure. The fees of General practitioners have become much expensive in the UK. Also, due to busy schedule of the physicians and the prior a...
 (Total 103 words)
I think it's a common belief for everyone that whenever they feel something, they will immediately seek the advice of a physician. I guess this does not apply to Filipinos wherein they tend to self medicate, consult a friend who is in the medical...
 (Total 107 words)
I have experienced this first hand. A couple of times that I have visited a local pharmacy to buy some drugs, I have seen people coming to the pharmacist asking for 'a syrup for cough' or a tablet for rhinorrhea. I don't mean to say that ...
 (Total 58 words)
Not only in UK, but in Sri Lanka also the general public do not seek attention from a doctor for the common conditions such as respiratory tract infections and acute gastro enteritis. As a preventive measure the government of Sri Lanka has ordered to...
 (Total 55 words)
This is a brilliant step for National Health Service. One way to go against the increase number of antibiotic resistance. I am just amaze with the way they assign the task to their healthcare professionals. Like for example the pharmacist. It is stat...
 (Total 76 words)
I think that this a good way to combat antibiotic resistance. I am glad that the NHS is focusing its efforts in preventing antimicrobial resistance while addressing the immediate healthcare needs of the community. Unfortunately, in our setting, pharm...
 (Total 69 words)
Pharmacists in the UK are going to have some clinical authorities. I find it a good move to cover the load on the health system. It also serves the objective to reduce dispensing antibiotics. The Canadian system allow pharmacists to examine patients ...
 (Total 50 words)