General
“Community cure” may ease ever increasing healthcare burdens

“Community cure” may ease ever increasing healthcare burdens

Shared by:

Large healthcare systems in the US are trialling new methods to help reduce their medical costs and have identified social and community needs of patients that consume a large portion of medical operational costs.

today.mims.com

9 Dec 2016 - General

Tahira Nawaz I think the opportunity which has been identified in the study is the use of data analytics to identify key areas which we can use our a small amount of resource on. Although p...
 (Total 60 words)
This is a success story for the use of data analytics. The healthcare institutions have been able to identifying to pockets of patients where the costs of care provision disproportionately outweighs the benefits that are provided (i.e. Low hanging fr...
 (Total 54 words)
Healthcare burdens are increasing and so newer approaches are ammended to tackle the problem. Primary prevention plays an important role in the healthcare system of any country. If people are educated and the diseases treated through the primary heal...
 (Total 68 words)
It is refreshing to read that managed healthcare systems in the United States are taking an interest in addressing public health concern by strengthening primary prevention at the community health level. I think that this is a good step to decrease f...
 (Total 66 words)
There is a need for reducing the medical cost of high utilizers in each hospital in order to free up more resources for the hospital. So a worldwide community cure may ease ever increasing healthcare burden as US major health systems are investing mo...
 (Total 62 words)