General
PH President amenable to release of old, sickly political prisoners

PH President amenable to release of old, sickly political prisoners

Shared by:

While President Rodrigo Duterte is not inclined to accede to the demand of the united revolutionary group National Democratic Front to release 130 political prisoners, he was willing to pardon those of them who were old and sickly.

today.mims.com

9 Dec 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Priscilla Mae Gobuyan health of prisons should be considered and to be hospitalized or treated for better healt...
 (Total 53 words)
I have never been to the prisons in Manila, but I know that there is a high rate of communicable diseases because of overcrowding. I do not agree with the President's opinion on this matter because his decision is subject for abuse. Illness will ...
 (Total 85 words)
I am not quite sure if I'll be glad or not with this kind of news. I pity them in a way they're like paying double for the trouble they made years back. Becoming imprisoned plus being exposed to different communicable diseases because jails a...
 (Total 93 words)
President Rodrigo Duterte is willing to pardon old and sickly political prisoners saying there was "no point in detaining a person who is old and sickly." However, he is not about to accede to the National Democratic Front's demand to r...
 (Total 62 words)