General
Nurses: How to tackle the sensitive 'diet' topic with overweight teen patients

Nurses: How to tackle the sensitive 'diet' topic with overweight teen patients

Shared by:

Many teenagers find that being stylish and impressionable are important, and being overweight would certainly affect their image, making them reluctant to broach it if at all possible. If you are a nurse trying to engage overweight teenagers in a diet ‘talk’, here are some pointers on how to structure that conversation.

today.mims.com

10 Dec 2016 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh thanking you for add-on of patient interest in this topic. I am agreeing to you friends influence us more for that no explanation needed for us. Friends plays an important...
 (Total 51 words)
Broaching this issue is certainly tricky, thank you for sharing this insightful article. I really agree with the point about involving the family, as it helps with compliance and motivation of the patient. Perhaps applying Behavioural health models m...
 (Total 71 words)
Shunjie Chua It is not like that in case of thought vs weight loss. Not thought makes weight loss it requires implementation of thoughts. Severe depression is chance for weight loss as s...
 (Total 51 words)
Heena Pohani I agree with your words that females are conscious about their self image who can take care of themselves If we can able to address some thing about overweight. It is helpful t...
 (Total 48 words)
I don’t really have much experience in this area. But can someone explain how a person who is weight/ image conscious can become obese in the first place. If they are image conscious, should they not understand the importance of a good diet and exerc...
 (Total 63 words)
Many of the teenagers and even people that in their 40s or 50s, especially the females are very conscious about their self-image and approaching such people and talking about diet can be a tricky issue for many nurses and other healthcare professiona...
 (Total 77 words)
Many find that being stylish and impressionable are important, especially today’s teenagers who grow up in a technology-immersed world. If you are a nurse trying to engage overweight teenage patients in a 'diet' conversation, here are some po...
 (Total 44 words)