General
Doctor offers pro bono lifesaving surgery to help 'world's heaviest woman'

Doctor offers pro bono lifesaving surgery to help 'world's heaviest woman'

Shared by:

The Egyptian woman hasn't been able to leave home in 25 years. But a doctor has offered her a lifeline.

i.stuff.co.nz

11 Dec 2016 - General

Shunjie Chua I agree that metabolic surgeries can be challenging because there are associated complications in these subset of patients. For one, they are usually at high risk of developing post-operative complications because of their weight and the presence of comorbidities. This is one of the reasons why it takes months to prepare a patient for such surgery. I hope this patient receives an adequate preparati...
 (Total 73 words)
Marinelle Castro I have seen many cases of success with man forms of barbiatric surgery. But i think it is important for the surgery to understand that such surgeries are highly morbid may cause complex complications when they go bad. I have helped to managed a patient who had passed away from the complications. Madhubabu kaaja ...
 (Total 103 words)
Its refreshing to read that a renowned obesity surgeon is doing a pro bono case for humanitarian reasons. There have been several advancements in metabolic surgery, which have good results. We do metabolic surgeries in our institution and I have seen a similar case (although not as heavy) of an obese young woman who also suffers from diabetes and metabolic syndrome. The surgical team did a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and at present she no longer has diabetes or metabolic syndrome. She is als...
 (Total 97 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Shunjie Chua According to Egyptian media and other Arabic news, her family reported that she suffered philariasis and endocrine disorders at early age when she visited Egyptian hospitals and was sent to Greece also but with no significant response. Her condition worsened and she couldn’t move since she w...
 (Total 113 words)