General
Doctor offers pro bono lifesaving surgery to help 'world's heaviest woman'

Doctor offers pro bono lifesaving surgery to help 'world's heaviest woman'

Shared by:

The Egyptian woman hasn't been able to leave home in 25 years. But a doctor has offered her a lifeline.

i.stuff.co.nz

11 Dec 2016 - General

Wow! I was shocked with the picture on the topic itself and feel a little bit pity on her. She wasn't able to enjoy how beautiful life is for two decades. Good news that there is someone who's willing to share his God given talents to help th...
 (Total 70 words)
Shunjie Chua Marinelle Castro Let us wait for few days for more to know further news. News saying he is about reduce further 1...
 (Total 55 words)
Shunjie Chua I agree that metabolic surgeries can be challenging because there are associated complications in these subset of patients. For one, they are usually at high risk of developi...
 (Total 73 words)
Marinelle Castro I have seen many cases of success with man forms of barbiatric surgery. But i think it is important for the surgery to understand that such surgeries are highly morbid may ...
 (Total 103 words)
Its refreshing to read that a renowned obesity surgeon is doing a pro bono case for humanitarian reasons. There have been several advancements in metabolic surgery, which have good results. We do metabolic surgeries in our institution and I have seen...
 (Total 97 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Shunjie Chua According to Egyptian media and other Arabic news, her family reported that she suffered...
 (Total 113 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz thanking you for your comments. First she got rejected visa later approved by entry of Doctor and external foreign ministry and process going smoother than earlier. Doctor...
 (Total 44 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing this special story. The Indian embassy in Cairo has rejected her initial visa application due to her inability to mobilize but the situation changed af...
 (Total 56 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Let us hope for good health and successful surgery for this Egyptian women. Flight for her has been arranged to move from Egypt to India. I will update any further progr...
 (Total 39 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama You know, Egyptian doctors didn't find any solution till date. Physicians have described her condition as a disruption of the glands and elephantiasis disease th...
 (Total 43 words)
Shunjie Chua the operation going to be criticial and she needs two operations to perform her case and she needs several months doctors observation. So, Dr Muffazal can't go there for ...
 (Total 67 words)
My question is, why did doctors in her own country did not do anything until she gained up to 500kg. I mean you don't wake up one day to become 500kg. Weight gain is a low process and many things can be done to limit the calorie intake and to inc...
 (Total 54 words)
This is good news for the lady. I am looking forward for her transformation. This is so sad that such a young person has gotten this big. However, I do wonder if she'll even survive the flight with the surgery? She probably hasn't moved full...
 (Total 68 words)
It is great that the surgeon has offered for a free surgery to help the lady. This will not only help the lady, but it will help to stretch the limits of medical science and findings from the operation can be used to help other patients. I wonder why...
 (Total 70 words)
An Indian doctor offered free surgery to world heaviest women weighing about 500 kg. Indian foreign ministry cleared visa for her but how to bring her to India. To carry her it is taking around 2000000 INR from Egypt to Mumbai. Doctor opened a char...
 (Total 56 words)