General
The true “long-release” drug release pill has arrived

The true “long-release” drug release pill has arrived

Shared by:

A multi-dose capsule that has the potential to solve one of medicine’s greatest problems – delivering oral drugs over an extended period of time with just one dose – has been created.

today.mims.com

11 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Further studies should be done to integrate this awesome invention, like if any food or drink type would affect the role of this capsule and what is the signs that the...
 (Total 53 words)
The work is pretty impressive as it addresses the most common difficulty encountered with treatment - patient compliance. However, I have yet to see the trial in humans. I wonder if the star shaped capsule will not induce microbleeding in the intesti...
 (Total 71 words)
The post is being old news which posted by Fedelic Ashish Toppo a month ago as Starshaped capsule can deliver medicine for weeks after swallowing. The technology is newest that I have seen ...
 (Total 98 words)
William CHUI Thanks for your good question. Yes, the pill is actually designed to stay in the stomach for many days but during this stay, the drug is being slowly released to the GIT lume...
 (Total 95 words)
If one knows the pharmacodynamic of drug delivery, most of the drugs have to pass through the GI tract and be absorbed mainly through the small intestine and deliver to liver or bypass the liver before reaching the body by blood circulation. We canno...
 (Total 61 words)
The idea sounds great, but I have certain concerns about absorption, therapeutic drug levels and toxicity profile. Also, since this pill is designed to remain inside the body for a weeks, isn't it going to be recognized as foreign by the immune s...
 (Total 57 words)
It is the greatest achievement in medicine field and the most awaited invention. Finally, this multi-dose extended release capsule is available for oral administration. When it has been swallowed it transformed into star shape that prevents it from b...
 (Total 68 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Your idea is coming true. The capsule is primarily designed to expand into a star-shaped form after exposure to the acid in the stomach, the outer layer of the caps...
 (Total 92 words)
Shunjie Chua Thanks for questioning about its safety. According to the team scientists, after releasing its final dose, the capsule components breaks apart and passes through the digesti...
 (Total 67 words)
I had a vision as a medical student, to create a mechanical pill kind of thing that can stay inside the intestinal lumen and release a programmed amount of the drug at right intervals. That will eliminate the need to take regular pills and it would b...
 (Total 66 words)
This sounds like a very interesting innovation which could have wide applications if they can manage to sort out the preclinical problems. I wonder what might happen if a manufacturing flaw (which would inevitably occur) stops the pill from being bro...
 (Total 58 words)
This star shaped pill will change some rules in the world of medicine. The cooperative efforts between the founder of Microsoft and Boston institutes have made it possible to create this pill. The capsule is designed to take various shapes in its jou...
 (Total 93 words)