General
Running Keeps Your Knee Joints Healthy: Study

Running Keeps Your Knee Joints Healthy: Study

Shared by:

Running from a tender age and making sure you cover few kilometers everyday can keep your joints and bones healthy. This is what the latest research has to say. "This idea that long-distance running is bad

healthscienceandtechnology.com

11 Dec 2016 - General

Well I can check that off my list then. My knees are therefore safe from osteoarthritis :) on a personal note when it comes to regular running I prefer running around a rubber track instead of road running to preserve my knees so to say. Though runni...
 (Total 93 words)
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, repetitive knee injuries are risk factors for developing osteoarthritis. Running per se is not a risk factor for developing OA, but repeated knee injuries that results from vigorous activit...
 (Total 77 words)
In recent years, running has become very popular in our society. I can see people of all ages running along roadsides where I live. The great advantage of this form of exercise is its intensity. It promotes fitness quickly and efficiently and burns m...
 (Total 72 words)
Running can be good for many things. It increases the muscle strength and indirectly support the major joints such as the hip joint, knee joint and ankle joint. It also promotes cartilage growth and remodeling at the joint surfaces, so the risk of de...
 (Total 51 words)
There is nothing better than a study which is counter intuitive and goes against previous thought. I just made a brief search for evidence that high impact exercise causing OA, but can’t seem to find any evidence for it. Wonder where that thought cam...
 (Total 72 words)