General
Running Keeps Your Knee Joints Healthy: Study

Running Keeps Your Knee Joints Healthy: Study

Shared by:

Running from a tender age and making sure you cover few kilometers everyday can keep your joints and bones healthy. This is what the latest research has to say. "This idea that long-distance running is bad

healthscienceandtechnology.com

11 Dec 2016 - General

Well I can check that off my list then. My knees are therefore safe from osteoarthritis :) on a personal note when it comes to regular running I prefer running around a rubber track instead of road running to preserve my knees so to say. Though running promotes remodelling and cartilage growth as mentioned by Theekshana Abayawickrama there is still a greater amount of stress absorbed by our joints in road running...
 (Total 93 words)
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, repetitive knee injuries are risk factors for developing osteoarthritis. Running per se is not a risk factor for developing OA, but repeated knee injuries that results from vigorous activities have been documented to cause arthritis. Of course there are genetically susceptible individuals. Also, I wonder if the study that was mentioned in the article, took into consideration other factors that can influence results, such as obesity and...
 (Total 77 words)