General
Medical students may be at higher risk for depression, suicidal ideation

Medical students may be at higher risk for depression, suicidal ideation

Shared by:

Depression, depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation appear to be more prevalent among medical students than in the general population, according to a recent systematic review and meta-analysis.

specialty.mims.com

12 Dec 2016 - General

It is a god point that supports matters a lot as told by Mahmoud AbdelAziz. I must say such students have somehow little bit mental illness who depressed to suicidal attack. Thank you ...
 (Total 36 words)
Good thing you all convinced your colleague from his/her suicidal thoughts. Mahmoud AbdelAziz Depression may be caused by many factors and for medical students it is from the pressure from ...
 (Total 76 words)
Due to the competitive nature of medicine, it is inevitable that medical students are placed under a lot of stress. Medical students at times, are loaded with numerous commitments. I have known of some who juggle schoolwork, a job to pay off their st...
 (Total 102 words)
The pressure in medical curriculum is very high and definitely medical students run at an increased risk for depression. The depression may manifest in various forms including the suicidal ideation. It is very important for the family members and fri...
 (Total 76 words)
Medical students are always under high stress due to the overload studying and the high level competitiveness among them. Depression is not uncommon and many times is associated with suicidal thoughts. I remember last year during our final year exams...
 (Total 69 words)
As stated in the latest systemic review and meta-analysis, depression, depressive symptoms, and suicidal ideation appear to be more prevalent among medical students than in the general population. It has been observed that more pressure, more working...
 (Total 58 words)