General
Electronic health records: pros and cons

Electronic health records: pros and cons

Shared by:

Paperwork has long been a problem for healthcare professionals. As such, electronic health records (EHR) were introduced to replace paper documents, but these are still far from perfect. Here, we take a look at the various pros and cons from the increasing trend of using EHRs in place of paper documents.

today.mims.com

13 Dec 2016 - General

We live in a technological advances world and definitely electronic health records are better than the rudimentary paper work. Although this system is in the stages of development and so there are few drawbacks, but I believe that these will soon be ...
 (Total 85 words)
I agree that paperwork consumes a lot of time. It makes us inefficient and also contributes to fatigue before seeing another patient. Digitalization of records should be implemented soon because the health sector is the only one way behind with techn...
 (Total 88 words)
Paperwork in health care field can take a lot of time that leads to increasing work stress to health care professionals. Paperwork has been successfully replaced by Electronic health records in most of the institution and 79 % healthcare professional...
 (Total 60 words)
In general electronic health records increases the efficiency and productivity among the healthcare staff because information is made readily available. However, I think that the overall success of an EHR system depends on its operability, accessibil...
 (Total 73 words)
Electronic records are easy to maintain, store and retrieve. Here some pros and cons exists in this new technology. There should be backup to this technology and storage retrieval is essential for electronic records. Security to data from internal an...
 (Total 72 words)
Again and again, technology will always help us to make our lives easier. It is true that we spend more time in documenting medications given, charting and paper works but with the aid of this computer based technology we can save more time. I hope t...
 (Total 71 words)