General
Is Hong Kong ready for home chemotherapy?

Is Hong Kong ready for home chemotherapy?

Shared by:

Due to the increasingly early detection of cancer, improving cancer survival and an ageing population, the number of cancer patients is increasing in Hong Kong, posing a significant burden on hospital care. In order to alleviate demand, the concept of home chemotherapy has been put forward as an alternative for inpatient treatment.

today.mims.com

13 Dec 2016 - General

I know this could happen too in our country but lets be honest, it takes time. For what i have observed, medical industry is not the priority of our country. So, there is a possibility that thi trend might be adapted by our country when there is enou...
 (Total 67 words)
Thanks for sharing the link Hayes Chu . I've read the article and it is really beneficial to those who will receive the chemotherapy sessions at home. No more hassle, time saver and it ...
 (Total 82 words)
Thanks Jemelyn Mae Sodusta and Priscilla Mae Gobuyan! True, having well-trained healthcare professionals in place is one of the ...
 (Total 113 words)
There are many factors to consider before putting up a clinic in every district of the country one of which to consider is those person to be assigned in those areas should be knowledgeable and trained to whatever side effects and emergency may happe...
 (Total 78 words)
Hayes Chu Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this issue sir! Well some hospitals in the Philippines aren't that overburdened with cancer patients but is overburdened with other cases. ...
 (Total 150 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Thanks for sharing the situation in the Philippines! One of the major reasons why these doctors are proposing home chemotherapy as an alternative is because hospitals ...
 (Total 85 words)
I think those two countries are highly advanced and far enough to be able to cater chemotherapy at home. Being in a third world country, it is difficult to deliver homebased chemotherapy. Even the barangay health workers aren't able to deliver ho...
 (Total 94 words)
cancer patients usually receive chemotherapy treatment at hospitals under close monitoring. New findings showed that providing chemotherapy at home has become more popular in some countries like the UK and Australia. The trend aims mainly to integrat...
 (Total 76 words)
home chemotherapy, patients will not need to travel to hospitals every time they need to receive chemotherapy, cutting down on their suffering. Cancer patients who need to undergo chemotherapy suffer from side effects such as lethargy and nausea. Fre...
 (Total 42 words)