General
Anesthetic cream most effective pain reliever for infant vaccinations

Anesthetic cream most effective pain reliever for infant vaccinations

Shared by:

New research has found that anesthetic cream is the best solution for the pain experienced by infants as a result of routine vaccinations.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

13 Dec 2016 - General

Vaccines which are painless contain the acellular component which is as effective. But theses vaccines are costlier. I agree that lidocaine used can decrease the pain associated with vaccination. But it would not be able to decrease the swelling and ...
 (Total 80 words)
Vaccinations are very traumatic for infants and that would make them fearful of doctors & medical facilities. So I am of the opinion that after taking necessary precautions , the use of local anesthetic creams such as EMLA or PRILOX should be c...
 (Total 64 words)
This is not practical for all patients because anesthetic creams also cost a lot. In fact, it is even more expensive that some of the vaccine preparations in the market. For practicality's sake, I just apply ice for a few minutes prior to vaccina...
 (Total 64 words)
Local anesthetic creams are commonly used for joint pains and they are somewhat effective. I have not tried the anesthetic cream for my kid's vaccination so I can't demonstrate its effects practically. I like your views and thoughts on the to...
 (Total 47 words)
They say pain is inevitable but who wants to be in pain if one can be pain free right? If this is as effective for infants having injected vaccinations then this should also be applicable to adults or elderly. This is sort of like an EMLA cream a top...
 (Total 84 words)
From what i have observe some mothers actually hated to see their children in pain. Theres this instance where my friend was advised that her childs' CBC and Platelet count should be tested. She refused taking her child to the laboratory for the ...
 (Total 94 words)
Another reason parents get anxious of after vaccination is the development of swelling and a mild inflammatory reaction at the site of injection. We get many parents bringing their children complaining of 'redness' and 'stiffness' at ...
 (Total 55 words)
The literature often states the possible effects of pain on the development of the child, but I have always wonder the impact of discrete episodes of pain such a vaccination. Having said that, I have seen the anesthetic creams being used. They appear...
 (Total 64 words)