General
5 abnormal cases of retained foreign bodies in patients

5 abnormal cases of retained foreign bodies in patients

Shared by:

Surgeries involve a wide variety of supplies, tools, and instruments in the operating room. Of which, some may be used near the patient’s body and can fall inside or be left inside by mistake.

today.mims.com

14 Dec 2016 - General

I have to say that these examples are really cases of gross negligence. One cannot reason out that doctors are humans too and they get tired because whole surgical team and OR nurses are present during surgery. Everyone should be meticulous enough to...
 (Total 90 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan It is very unprofessional to let this happen during surgery, inhaling a poisonous chemicals will result in death what about leaving strange tools inside someone's ...
 (Total 72 words)
Leaving of surgical utilities inside body is dangerous for body and is not very common but should be cautious while doing operation. I heared that sponges, forceps frequently left inside body which told by my grandfather as it was being to happen in ...
 (Total 91 words)
Well these incidents are unbelievable indeed. Generally, all theaters have strict rules when it comes to the use of instruments for the surgery. In my theater, nurses write on a board the number of instruments that are taken for a surgery beforehand,...
 (Total 70 words)
I don't know what happen to their counting skills? And what happen to their senses? Goodness! This is unbelievable. Hayy. So, better be meticulous in counting than missing another instrument being left behind inside the body. As far as i know, s...
 (Total 75 words)
Oh, these are very hard to handle cases with retained surgical instruments in the human body during surgery. I wonder how it could happen; I mean how Healthcare professional’s team can be so careless. Although such cases are very rare but these are t...
 (Total 74 words)
This is a surgeon's nightmare, and thankfully I haven't witnessed a similar case in our institution. We have very strict rules with regards to sponge and instrument counts. Although when I was a general surgery resident, we intentionally left...
 (Total 72 words)
This is an awful scenario! These items are too big enough to be mislooked. The asepto bulb was the winner among them all! I just couldn't believe that these cases get to happen once in a blue moon. As far as I can remember when I was doing my com...
 (Total 88 words)