General
Stress relief vs professional image for healthcare workers

Stress relief vs professional image for healthcare workers

Shared by:

As the faces of their workplaces, is it right for healthcare workers to turn to unhealthy habits for stress relief?

today.mims.com

15 Dec 2016 - General

I believe in the dictum - Practise what you preach. Smoking is injurious to health and cause lung and oral cancer along with other ailments. An ideal doctor is the one who does not smoke. Health care professionals are role models for the society with...
 (Total 81 words)
Nobody can deny that image is very important. As healthcare professionals, we should strive to make improvements in our lifestyle in order to have more confidence in advising people to do the same. When I used to smoke, there is a difficulty in telli...
 (Total 61 words)
All healthcare professionals should walk the talk. We are considered as role models to our patients, family and community. As long as we can, we have to maintain healthy habits throughout our existence. It means you are able to do as what you are urg...
 (Total 81 words)
Healthcare professionals are the standard individuals for the patients where patients expect them in best health with healthiest habits. A smoker doctor cannot convince his/her patients to quit smoking efficiently. I have seen a doctor who has been c...
 (Total 61 words)
It is a controversial topic for discussion. I believe that one should practice what one preaches. As doctors, we advise so many healthy habits to patients, but when it comes to us, we escape saying that we too are human beings and so we need our own ...
 (Total 70 words)
Indeed, finding a suitable method to destress is very important. Smoking and binge eating should be avoided at all costs even if one is not a health care professional. It may seem hypocritical if a patient were to realise that their attending physici...
 (Total 94 words)
It is important to address a correct answer to the question of best ways to relieve stress. I do believe that healthcare professionals have a responsibility towards the society as role models. For instance, some people would go smoke a cigarette or e...
 (Total 107 words)