General
The effects of Facebook on dispensing health advice

The effects of Facebook on dispensing health advice

Shared by:

A majority of patients – up to 72% by a recent measure - get their health information online. While it provides new opportunities for physician-patient engagement, it also poses a myriad of dangers for patients and doctors alike.

today.mims.com

15 Dec 2016 - General

I feel dispensing health advice can be on one-to-one basis. Every patient has a different medical history and the treatment strategy differs from individual to individual. Posting general information should include a specific warning so that it does...
 (Total 53 words)
Facebook is very common social media platform that is being used by all age groups regardless of gender and social status therefore only authentic information should be provided through this channel. Thank you ...
 (Total 36 words)
The lack of content screening for such posts makes Facebook a harbinger of misinformation. Unfortunately, Facebook has exceeded the success of common media in providing information to the public. This is one of the reasons why as healthcare professio...
 (Total 66 words)
It is undeniable that most people is more active in facebook. It can be another form of communication. It can be helpful but sometimes it poses otherwise. Like what i have observe, some people chooses to read news dessiminated thru facebook than read...
 (Total 71 words)
A recent measure has indicated that 72 % of patients get their health care information online and I think it is a huge number of patients. It is also observed that inaccurate posts on Facebook are more popular than accurate ones and about 12 % posts ...
 (Total 62 words)
While it provides new opportunities for physician-patient engagement, it also poses its own dangers, from cyberchondria and ethics-related conundrums for doctors, to patient overreliance on medical websites that may dispense erroneous advice and inac...
 (Total 35 words)