General
Malaysian cosmetic surgeon suspended for sleeping during liposuction procedure

Malaysian cosmetic surgeon suspended for sleeping during liposuction procedure

Shared by:

Dr. Chin Kuen (Tony) Tan was found guilty of professional misconduct for his actions at his clinic in Fairfield, New South Wales and has had his medical registration annulled.

today.mims.com

16 Dec 2016 - General

I agree that the doctor needs psychiatric help. I was just wondering how the anesthesiologist handled this situation. Liposuction procedures are usually done while the patient is on general anesthesia under close monitoring by the anesthesiologist. Im just wondering if the anesthesiologist did anything to stop the surgeon from administering propofol. Despite the fact that the surgeon is the "captain of the ship" in this case, the anesthesiologist should also have done something to prev...
 (Total 78 words)
I hope that the doctor will be rehabilitated sufficiently for his addiction. Any professional should not let addictions get in the way of their work life, this does not only apply to healthcare professionals. Falling asleep or feeling drowsy during surgery will endanger the patient's life greatly. I'm partially glad that he has been stopped early, for if this incident were to repeat himself he could harm another patient. However, I feel greatly regretful that his medical registration has...
 (Total 81 words)