General
Malaysian cosmetic surgeon suspended for sleeping during liposuction procedure

Malaysian cosmetic surgeon suspended for sleeping during liposuction procedure

Shared by:

Dr. Chin Kuen (Tony) Tan was found guilty of professional misconduct for his actions at his clinic in Fairfield, New South Wales and has had his medical registration annulled.

today.mims.com

16 Dec 2016 - General

It is quite surprising to hear of a doctor that will administer something to himself in the middle of a procedure, let alone something that he/she has never tried. Risky behaviors like this are not acceptable in the hospital because it compromises t...
 (Total 56 words)
Tahira Nawaz doctors should protect their profession and understand that it is very important and majorly depend on reputation.
Having bad attitudes or addiction lead to serious problem...
 (Total 59 words)
Exactly Marinelle Castro and thanks for raising this point. Doctor was not doing the liposuction alone there must be a team of 2 to 5 members and it is duty of whole team to prevent such in...
 (Total 37 words)
I agree that the doctor needs psychiatric help. I was just wondering how the anesthesiologist handled this situation. Liposuction procedures are usually done while the patient is on general anesthesia under close monitoring by the anesthesiologist. I...
 (Total 78 words)
Some surgeries can be dragging on for several hours straight, and it is normal for the surgeons to feel tired and exhausted. But it is not an excuse for falling asleep during a surgery. This is the first time I also have heard of such an incident. I ...
 (Total 61 words)
The cosmetic surgeon needs a proper treatment for his drug addiction. This case should not be disregarded. Thinking that the victims involved are too many. Though, it is sad that he got his hard earned license annulled, however he is still the reason...
 (Total 64 words)
Yes Chih Chiang Nieh, It is a point of regression but it is also a matter of life and death for the patients, therefore, annulation of registration is the best solution to cope such incide...
 (Total 37 words)
It is unbelievable that a surgeon can take drugs during surgery and fall asleep without completing it. I have read this case for the first time. He is a cosmetic surgeon and he has started drug abusing. It is again the worst case of professional malp...
 (Total 60 words)
I hope that the doctor will be rehabilitated sufficiently for his addiction. Any professional should not let addictions get in the way of their work life, this does not only apply to healthcare professionals. Falling asleep or feeling drowsy during s...
 (Total 81 words)