General
From past to present: Open heart surgeries in Singapore

From past to present: Open heart surgeries in Singapore

Shared by:

The first open heart surgery in Singapore was performed by the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in 1965, and since then, progress and advancements in this area have moved forward by leaps and bounds.

today.mims.com

17 Dec 2016 - General

The cardiac size of children are smaller and this could lead to difficulty with surgical procedures. 3D printing was mentioned in this article and I agree that it makes surgical planning easier and faster. I have attended a lecture concerning 3D prin...
 (Total 78 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz it is a great achievement to be done in pediatrics field.
In our country although we have famous centers and doctors for pediatric cardio thoracic surgerys, we still h...
 (Total 69 words)
It is great that despite the aging population of Singapore, advancements are still being made in the specialty of pediatric cardio-thoracic surgery. Having fewer patients to work with is challenging because it can be limiting in terms of honing one&#...
 (Total 84 words)
I remember reading a article on Straits times a few months ago which compared the rates of heart transplantation in Singapore vs the ones at UM Hospital. Although Heart transplantation has a relatively long history in Singapore. The state of affairs ...
 (Total 77 words)
Singapore is one of the first countries to perform open heart surgeries in the mid-sixties of the last century by the hands of Malaysian surgeons. Since that date, Singapore general hospital continued pioneering in that field. With the introduction o...
 (Total 68 words)