General
Kenyan nurses end strike, but doctors vow to continue

Kenyan nurses end strike, but doctors vow to continue

Shared by:

Nurses in Kenya have called off their strike after the government signed an agreement to recognise their union last weekend, but doctors working in public facilities remain on strike

today.mims.com

17 Dec 2016 - General

I think that being overworked and underpaid is not new to the healthcare sector on a global scale. However, people do not usually go on strikes because they are too preoccupied with their jobs. Perhaps the issues in the Kenyan government reached a sc...
 (Total 79 words)
Strikes are always held to get better facilities, pay and reduced workload as happened in Kenya. Kenyan nurses have called the strike for being underpaid and overworked. Clinician doctors were on strike because they want to register through Kenya Uni...
 (Total 64 words)
I totally agree with you Shunjie Chua However, we need to realize that ranging the UK to Kenya and other countries, some politicians take the healthcare professionals for granted and may...
 (Total 71 words)
It is very sad to see that there are so many strikes around the world surrounding healthcare professionals. I believe that most healthcare professionals have entered the field for the love and care of patients and to enter the strike, which would gre...
 (Total 60 words)
Although all workers worldwide have initially the basic rights to go through strikes, healthcare professionals are always the least expected to call for strike and they surely get most of the attention when they call for strike due to the very sensit...
 (Total 61 words)