General
Hong Kong psychiatrists recommend that government prescribe a 29x more expensive new antipsychotic to save costs in long run

Hong Kong psychiatrists recommend that government prescribe a 29x more expensive new antipsychotic to save costs in long run

Shared by:

The Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, formed by a group of mental health professionals in Hong Kong, has suggested that the government revise treatment guidelines to promote the use of a newer generation of injectable antipsychotic to treat schizophrenia. Although the medical cost per month is significantly more expensive, they have claimed that more can be saved in the long run when patients’ side effects are reduced with the new drug.

today.mims.com

17 Dec 2016 - General

I do not know how the government works in Hong Kong, and it is unfair to generalize politics. but if something like this happens in my country people will invariably assume that there is a hidden agenda behind these proposed guidelines. it is possibl...
 (Total 62 words)
I understand that these are expert opinions. However, because this medication is new, and the exact etiology for schizophrenia remains to be defined, I think it would be more prudent to do a pilot study prior to creation of a policy regarding this ma...
 (Total 78 words)
The Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, formed by a group of mental health professionals in Hong Kong, has suggested that the government revise treatment guidelines to promote the use of a newer generation of injectable antipsychotic to treat...
 (Total 70 words)