General
'Very Dangerous' Powdered Gloves Banned for Doctors

'Very Dangerous' Powdered Gloves Banned for Doctors

Shared by:

At your next doctor's exam, one thing will be certain: Your physician won't be using powdered medical gloves.

www.livescience.com

18 Dec 2016 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Yeah that is right. During an emergency when we have to do something in a split second of time, we need to be able to quickly jump into our gloves. It is not saf...
 (Total 63 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama that it would be better to find an alternative powder that does not cause adverse effects to patients. It would be really inconvenient to struggle tryi...
 (Total 102 words)
I agree with you Sanjiv Kunnatur that the financial difference will be significant besides the fact that many companies will benefit from this move. However, it is proven that the powder us...
 (Total 70 words)
I feel it is ridiculous and probably industry sponsored. I am an Ophthalmologist and I routinely rinse off the powder with sterile Ringer Lactate solution before operating and have had no problems. The cost difference between the two must be enormous...
 (Total 41 words)
As long as it provides an evidence that it is harmful for both healthcare professionals and patients, then banning this product is really significant. We should not compensate the risk of using this products for the benefits of its usefulness. We sho...
 (Total 63 words)
Well, I personally do not like this act. I have palmar hyperhidrosis, and I find it very difficult to put my hands into non-powdered gloves when my hands are moist. It is a real pain to do that and I often end up tearing a glove. What they should do ...
 (Total 70 words)
I hope that FDA can present evidence on their claims with regards to the effect of powdered gloves on wound inflammation. I know of some surgeons who are allergic to powdered gloves, and they use latex-free gloves instead. The downside of using this ...
 (Total 65 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz it is a great step to ban powdered gloves as they affect both doctors and patients, and many side effects have been remarked because of them.
Also it is good that the ...
 (Total 69 words)
Yes, powdered gloves are easy to take on and off but if it compromises patients safety then its use has to be stopped. To be fair, it has been awhile since I last saw a powdered glove at work. We also take note of patients allergies and it is helpful...
 (Total 60 words)
In very big news, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has totally banned using powdered gloves by doctors. The ban aims to protect both patients and healthcare professionals from the potential hazards of cornstarch powder and latex used in surg...
 (Total 79 words)