General
Filipina nurse killed a pensioner by giving him wrong blood

Filipina nurse killed a pensioner by giving him wrong blood

Shared by:

Lea Ledesma, 48, gave Ali Huseyin, 76, AB-type blood meant for Irfan Hussain, 37, who was blood group O, at London Heart Hospital in Marylebone.

www.dailymail.co.uk

18 Dec 2016 - General

Big confusion here Who died?what was the blood type of Ali Huseyin ?Irfan Hussain should have died because he was O bld type and recd AB bld type are not two nurses supposed to counter check labels before transfusion? a rather superficial type o...
 (Total 45 words)
Yes. I always think that no matter how many times we've done things good/ right, once we commit a mistake or do something bad, the whole world will know and will talk about it. What made me curious about the incident though is, who is the other ...
 (Total 64 words)
Marinelle Castro Kathleen Peralta I completely agree. There was no reason for them to mention the nationality of the nurse. And ...
 (Total 66 words)
The headline suggests intention behind the wrong blood transfusion, but I believe this is just sensationalising on the author's part, which really should be avoided. It was an act of negligence, but definitely not out of any personal grudges. Mov...
 (Total 65 words)
It is really important to check the drugs, blood, etc. many times prior administering it. Even if your are experienced on the field. It is not an excuse to missed or skip one step from the procedure. It is our task to let our co-workers counter check...
 (Total 80 words)
Like you, Marinelle Castro Theekshana Abayawickrama I'm not happy with how it was titled. And yes, I don't understand why...
 (Total 69 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama I felt the same way when I saw the headline on the mims community page. To make it worse, our nationality was included and I am not sure why it should bear any sign...
 (Total 74 words)
"Filipina nurse killed a pensioner" Now that is a very cruel way to put it. No medical professional in their right mind 'KILL' patients. Mistakes happen, ones that sometimes can lead to the death of patients. But unless the harm was...
 (Total 55 words)
Kathleen Peralta I agree that we have to know our limits, and as healthcare providers we should priority the safety of our patient over anything else. Based on the details that were given ...
 (Total 74 words)
This post is not intended to shame the individual involved. I am sharing this to remind us that, no matter how experienced we are in our field of practice, we should still be extra careful at all times. We don't know what was going on in this nur...
 (Total 84 words)