General
Doctors vs the Internet: Friends or foes?

Doctors vs the Internet: Friends or foes?

Shared by:

The internet is responsible for the increased ability of individuals to seek knowledge. It aids research and propels the development of medical science. But the internet is not an entirely friendly zone for medical practice, which is dependent on the patient’s conformity to medical advice.

today.mims.com

19 Dec 2016 - General

A friend's mother was really worried about the lump in her breast, and searched online for the possible implications before consulting a physician. Without even going for imaging tests, she jumped to conclusions based on information obtained onli...
 (Total 134 words)
I think misleading is more common among patients who check their symptoms before visiting doctors because most of the patients get their treatment from the internet and use the medications without confirming from the doctor. It is good to get an info...
 (Total 56 words)
I am actually guilty of this Mahmoud AbdelAziz . I am one of those people who tend to search in the internet first prior seeking help from the doctor. For me, it doesn't give me any anx...
 (Total 94 words)
It has become a habit for the public -especially the educated- to look up their symptoms on the internet as their first reaction to getting sick. This behavior is for sure a double edged sword. On the one hand, it can help doctors greatly to teach th...
 (Total 77 words)