General
Sleep may help reduce PTSD symptoms

Sleep may help reduce PTSD symptoms

Shared by:

People with PTSD can be troubled with flashbacks, anxiety, and other symptoms for a long time after an event, but sleep may help to reduce the effects.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

20 Dec 2016 - General

It seems that the ability to cope with a traumatic disorder can be related to a person's capability to relax immediately following a stressful situation. I believe that sleep is an integral part as it causes relaxation, especially for our mental ...
 (Total 65 words)
Post traumatic stress is oriented stress with a terrifying event. Traumatic events includes road accidents, physical attack, sexual harassments etc. Psychological therapy and therapy with medicines available for treatment of PTSD. It is helpful that ...
 (Total 73 words)
I don't know how those patients who had gone with traumatic event cope with their situation. Just imagining if i were the one in their situation, i guess it would be really hard for me to have a rest or sleep. However, it is good to know that thi...
 (Total 90 words)
A new research has found that sleeping in the first 24 hours after the traumatic event is helpful in processing the memory effectively, therefore, providing a symptomatic relief from post-traumatic stress. Sleeping can lower the chances of flashback ...
 (Total 59 words)